Simon's Guide To Making The Best Margarita
According to our Life Is Crap pal Simon, life can be crappy sometimes, but it doesn't have to be. Sit back, relax, and have a margarita instead. July 24th was a national margarita, so check out Simon's recipe to making the best one ever to celebrate!
What will you need?
2. Orange liqueur - Most commonly used? Simon says Grand Marnier is the way to go. This makes the margarita sweet and citrusy.
3. Lime Juice - Simon encourages fresh-squeezed lime juice from your produce aisle, but store-bought lime juice works, too!
4. Sugar or Salt - Choose sweet or savory!
5. Simple Syrup - Sugar water has a big impact on your marg.
6. Ice - It's nice! All jokes aside, serving a warm margarita is something Simon is done, and he doesn't recommend it.
1. Prep Your Glass: Dump your salt or sugar on a plate. Using the simple syrup or even fresh lime juice, get the rim of the glass wet, and then circle the rim around the plate of sugar or salt.
2. Mix: In a mixing glass, combine 2 ounces of your tequila, 1 1/2 ounces of orange liqueur, and 1 ounce of sweet and sour.
3. Shake: Top your mixing glass or shaker and shake, shake, shake for 30 seconds.
4. Strain: Strain your margarita from the mixing glass into your drinking glass.
5. Garnish: Add lime to garnish and a straw (or don't, because of environment.)
Try it for yourself and comment below with your results! For more portions and servings, double or triple the recipe.
Check out Life Is Crap for apparel to accompany your drinking adventures!